Hong Kong in 6 days

I recently returned from a short vacation in Hong Kong. It was a self-organized trip, and in my opinion, we achieved a lot in our short 5 and a half days stay, considering the fact that we travelled with our two kids, aged 8 and 4..

Here are some details of my 6 Day Hong Kong 'child-friendly itinerary' with a short side trip to Macau.

Hong Kong view from Victoria Peak

Why I chose Hong Kong:
1. Disneyland.
2. Good weather during my vacation dates (November).
3. Ideal for a short trip of a week.

Weather in Hong Kong in November:
It was the first week of November, when we went to Hong Kong, and yet, the days were quite hot, while the nights were pleasant. Inspite of coming from a hot humid place like Mumbai, not once did I wear my jacket, for the entire duration of our stay.

At times, we did encounter restaurants where the air conditioning was on full blast. So I always carried a light pashmina in my backpack. I was glad I chose to be there in November, for I was able to avoid hot summers and cold winters, and the weather was bearable.


Tinkerbell Castle illumination @ Hong kong Disney
Itinerary: 6 days in Hong Kong with a side trip to Macau:
Day1: Arrival, Victoria Peak, Stanley Market, driving past the Repulse Bay, Avenue of Stars.
Day2: Oceanpark, Shopping on Nathan Street.
Day3: Macau
Day4: Disneyland
Day5: Ngong Ping, Shopping at Tung Chung, Dinner with Mickey Mouse
Day6: Half day@ Disneyland, Departure

Visa:
Being Indian citizens, we did not need a prior visa, and got a 14 day visa on arrival at the Hong Kong airport.

Accomodation:
The first 3 days we stayed at Hotel Eaton Smart, on Nathan Road, Kowloon. Here is my review of this hotel.
The fourth night, we stayed at Hollywood Hotel, Disneyland.
The fifth night, we stayed at Hotel Disneyland Resort.

Shortly, I will update more details of each day of our itinerary, including some packing tips, which worked for me.

 Do let me know what you think of my itinerary, or if you need help in planning your own trip.
I will be glad to help, as Travelling is my passion.

Comments